The Oakleaf Club of San Diego is a 100% non-profit charitable and social organization serving the Naval Medical Center San Diego and its clinics, throughout San Diego County, including Coronado/North Island, Point Loma, & Camp Pendleton. Members include:
- Spouses or significant others of active duty officers or warrant officers attached to all services in the Military Health Services (MHS) throughout San Diego
- Active duty officers or warrant officers attached to all services in the MHS
- Spouses or significant others of retired MHS commissioned and warrant officers
- Retired MHS commissioned and warrant officers
- Spouses or significant others of MHS active duty and retired
officers from the reserves
- Spouses or significant others of MHS GS employees with a
rating of GS-7
Here in San Diego we host weekly playgroups, monthly “Evening Out” events, and several luncheons throughout the year. The Sunshine Committee brings dinners to families when needed, such as after the birth of a child, or the hospitalization of a loved one. Our Benevolent Committee arranges Holiday and Easter meals for families staying in the Fisher House, as well as providing donations to the ER, Pediatrics, and the Armed Services YMCA to name a few.
More than anything, we hope to foster a sense of community– one of belonging, of friendship, of family. We know that being in the military means frequent moves and long distances to “home”, but we hope to bridge that gap a little. We hope to create a group of people who not only enjoy each other, but rely on one another as well.
Mostly, we hope to see you.